Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Norah and the Muppets!

Oh my, it has been a long time since my last post! These holidays have been so busy with traveling and family but I have somehow managed to squeeze in a few cakes ever so often. Here is a Muppet cake I did for a girl name Norah. But this post is mostly about Norah...


When my client ordered a Muppet cake for her little girl turning two, I was happy to come up with a fun design. Always in the back of my mind when I do cake for really little ones, I wonder if the kiddos are going to enjoy it as much as the parents. After spending hours laboring over these crazy little Muppets-things I was pleased with the result. I was going for the stage and theater signage with Muppets in the balcony. I really wanted pinks and purples instead of the red theater curtains since we are having a two-year-old party!


The time came for my client to pick up the cake for little Norah and my heart just smiled! Norah took one look at the cake and began signing "piggy". She hopped around and ribbeted like Kermit and squealed and pointed at all the other Muppets! I told my client how excited and meaningful it was to know that Norah appreciated this cake.

This is what she said: It's a special "Daddy-Norah thing". Norah and her Daddy have special time when he gets home from work. They snuggle up and watch the Muppets! 

I am so glad that I could contribute something special for sweet little Norah on her second birthday. And I am glad that she liked it! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment