Monday, May 21, 2012

The Fightin' Irish!

I love new challenges...and this was a challenge! My client asked for a cake for her son, who was graduating from Notre Dame University in South Bend, Indiana. She wanted something "leprechaun" and "Notre Dame" all in one. We came up with the iconic Golden Dome, with the leprechaun mascot clinging onto the side.

The dome was an octagon, which was not easy to get even a little symmetrical! I put a round blue base under the dome with the ND logo. "Patrick-2012" was on the bronze banner in front, complete with a little green clover.


The Fightin' Irish...he did look mean! I wish he wasn't so mean, but I couldn't really have a sweet, happy-faced leprechaun. My favorite parts are the curled coat tails and his shoes!

Okay, actually my favorite part was that my client's son requested that the cake be "fun-fetti" flavor inside! I always work so diligently to use fresh, all-natural ingredients and then I tossed in a handful neon confetti pieces, flecking my perfect white cake with the most unnatural greens, pinks, and yellows! Men!

Patrick, I hope you enjoyed your confetti-compromised cake and had a wonderful graduation party! Congratulations!!
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! This was my son's cake and I truly cannot speak highly enough about how it turned out. My son loved his fun-fetti cake!! It was so gorgeous that we had a very hard time cutting into it. The whole family photographed it and sent the photos to everyone they knew! :) It was so creative and unique and I am so, so grateful for all of the effort that went into it. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete