Monday, July 11, 2011

Red Stiletto Cake

It was so much fun working on this red stiletto! The client wanted something elegant for a "Red, Platinum and Blue" surprise party for her mom's 60th birthday. She sent me pictures of the shoe she wanted so I didn't come up with the style myself. Our design evolved numerous times until finally everyone agreed on this...

 This small tiered cake has delicate piping painted with a black pearl luster. The thin belts around the bottom of each tier adds another fashion element.

Inside the shoe is a label displaying the birthday. I love the gems and pearls on top. The fabric pleating on the side and the stitching on various elements made this shoe fun and challenging!
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog through Icing Smiles Facebook post! I have been looking through your older posts and your cakes are amazing! It's very easy to tell that you love what you do! Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete